Although Israel is a truly tiny country, with glimmering Mediterranean coast lines, a slew of contemporary cities, a collection of biblical ruins, and an awesome cuisine, it certainly holds its own on the global scene. Israel is fascinating semi-European country with Mediterranean influences dropped into the culturally rich Middle East which makes it quite a versatile vacation destination. Are you backpacking on a budget or balling? Retracing your roots or escaping your routine? Seeking day trips or nightlife? Israel has really got it all. If you get the chance to get out here yourself, here are some of the best places in Israel for your vacationing pleasure!
Top 5 Places to Visit in Israel
1. Jerusalem: Best Historical Sights in Israel
- The Old City of Jerusalem is undoubtedly one of the oldest and most important places on earth in terms of religious, political, and historical relevance. You can explore the origins of the Abrahamic religions at the Western Wall, Via Dolorosa, and the Dome of the Rock while enjoying some of the best falafel in Israel. Sounds like a good day of sightseeing to me!
2.Tel Aviv: Best Place to Luxury Travel in Israel
- If you’re looking for a getaway with class, you can’t go wrong in Tel Aviv. With tons of ritzy restaurants, five star hotels, art museums, and cultural shows, Tel Aviv excels in upmarket offerings. Spend your days at the beach and your evenings wandering around in search of THE place to be.
3. Dead Sea: Must See Sight in Israel
- While a dip in the Dead Sea is not necessarily as refreshing as one in the Mediterranean, this salt lake is a must visit for travelers in Israel. Float around or give yourself a mineral-rich mud treatment that would break the bank on shore!
4. Akko: Best Place to Chill Out in Israel
- Akko is an up-and-coming fishing town in Northern Israel with a well preserved history and a beautiful coastline to boot. While it lacks the restaurant and bar scene of other Israeli cities, it is a good chance to escape the cities and relax. Get there now for an authentic perspective on Israel’s Arab culture and the UNESCO World Heritage Sights!
5. Haifa: Most Beautiful City in Israel
- Sea views, the Baha’i Gardens, and the tree-covered slopes of Mt. Carmel make Haifa more than just another concrete city. While the city’s cultural and art scene is still developing, a visit to Haifa is necessary if you want to experience natural beauty without getting too far from the city.