New York City is a vibrant and exciting destination, with something for everyone to enjoy. From iconic landmarks to world-class museums and delicious food, there is no shortage of things to do and see in the Big Apple.
Here are the top five activities to add to your itinerary, all of which can be booked through New York Gray Line:
- Empire State Building Observatory: No trip to New York City is complete without a visit to the iconic Empire State Building. Standing at 1,454 feet tall, the building offers breathtaking views of the city skyline from the observatory on the 86th floor. If you’re feeling adventurous, take a walk along the glass-enclosed balcony on the 102nd floor for an even more breathtaking experience. The observatory is open from 8:00am to 2:00am, so you can visit at any time of day to see the city in all its glory.
- Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island: The Statue of Liberty is one of the most famous symbols of the United States, and a visit to this iconic monument is a must-do while in New York City. Take a ferry from Battery Park to Liberty Island to see the statue up close and learn about its history. While you’re there, be sure to also visit nearby Ellis Island, the gateway for millions of immigrants to the United States. The Ellis Island National Museum of Immigration offers a fascinating look at the history of immigration to the country and the stories of those who passed through its doors.
- 9/11 Memorial and Museum: Pay tribute to those lost on September 11, 2001 at the 9/11 Memorial and Museum. The memorial features two reflecting pools set in the footprints of the original Twin Towers, with the names of the victims inscribed around the edges. The museum offers a poignant look at the events of that fateful day, with exhibits on the history of the World Trade Center and the attacks, as well as a tribute to the first responders and the impact of the attacks on the city and the world.
- Shopping in New York City: New York City is a shopper’s paradise, with countless stores and boutiques offering everything from high-end designer fashion to discount deals. One of the best places to shop in the city is at the Woodbury Commons Premium Outlets. Located about an hour north of the city, the outlets offer designer brands at discounted prices, with over 200 stores to choose from.
Gray Line offers a convenient shopping day trip to the Woodbury Commons Premium Outlets, which includes round-trip transportation from New York City. You’ll have the entire day to shop at your leisure and find great deals on brands such as Calvin Klein, Coach, and Nike. The outlets also have a food court and several restaurants, so you can take a break and refuel as needed. Book your trip through Gray Line to make the most of your shopping experience in the city.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: Home to over 2 million works of art, the Metropolitan Museum of Art is a must-see for any art lover visiting New York City. From ancient Egyptian artifacts to contemporary masterpieces, the museum has something for everyone. The museum is also home to an extensive collection of American art, as well as European paintings, sculptures, and decorative arts. Be sure to set aside plenty of time to explore the museum, as it can easily take a full day to see all of the highlights.
- Food on Foot Tours: New York City is known for its diverse and delicious food, and what better way to experience it than on a Food on Foot tour? These guided tours take you through the city’s various neighborhoods to sample the best dishes at local restaurants and food stalls. From classic New York City pizza to street food from around the world, there is something for every taste on these tours. You’ll also learn about the city’s food history and culture, making it a fun and educational experience.
These are just a few of the many things to do in New York City. Whether you’re a history buff, an art lover, or a foodie, there is something for everyone in the Big Apple.
Getting Around New York City
One of the best ways to see the city is with the New York City Hop-On Hop-Off Uptown Pass. This pass allows you to explore the city at your own pace, with the flexibility to hop on and off the bus at any of the designated stops. The Uptown route takes you to all of the top attractions in the city, including Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and the Empire State Building. The buses run every 15-30 minutes, so you’ll never have to wait long to continue your tour.
The pass also includes a night tour of the city, which is a great way to see the city’s iconic landmarks lit up against the night sky. The buses are equipped with audio guides in multiple languages, so you can learn about the city’s history and culture as you go.
With the New York City Hop-On Hop-Off Uptown Pass, you’ll be able to see all the top attractions in the city and get around with ease. It’s the perfect option for tourists who want to see as much as possible in a short time frame. Book your pass through Grayline to make the most of your trip to New York City.
Gray Line offers a wide variety of things to do in New York City, from iconic landmarks and world-class museums to food tours and shopping excursions. With convenient online booking, it’s easy to plan your trip and make the most of your time in the Big Apple. Some of the top attractions to add to your itinerary include the Empire State Building Observatory, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, the 9/11 Memorial and Museum, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and the Woodbury Commons Premium Outlets. Explore all that New York City has to offer and book your tickets through Gray Line today.
Social tagging New York City, United States