After a 90-120 minutes’ drive from Amsterdam your first destination will be Nuenen.
Nuenen: Van Gogh VillageDelve into the life and work of Vincent van Gogh and visit a range of locations in Nuenen that inspired the artist, including the reformed church featured in his painting. This excursion will give you an insight into Vincent’s life in Nuenen, where he lived from December 1883 to November 1885. Vincent was very productive in this village, completing more than 500 paintings and drawings within a period of just two years. One of these was The Potato Eaters, now one of Vincent’s most famous works. During your time in Nuenen you'll have the change to visit the Vincentre Museum, explore some ofthe 23 ‘Van Gogh locations’ by bike or on foot and soak up the renowned Brabant hospitality at the numerous shops and cafes.
After exploring Vincent’s homeland, we will return to Amsterdam to visit the Van Gogh Museum
Van Gogh Museum: Renowned masterpieces, quotes from letters and audio fragments all unite to answer your burning questions about the artist. For example, about his numerous self-portraits. About the time he spent in Southern France, where he painted Sunflowers and about why he painted Almond Blossom.
- Departure from Amsterdam around 9 a.m.
- Drive in approximately one hour and a half to Nuenen.
- Visit the Vincentre (incl. audio guide) and view a film charting Van Gogh’s years in Nuenen.
- Guided walking tour through Nuenen
- 2 hour free time.
- Drive in one hour back to Amsterdam.
- Around 16.00 entrance the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam