Discover ancient Chichen Itza in style on our top-rated tour! Travel through the Mayaland hotel’s private gate to Chichen Itza, one of the Seven Modern Wonders of the World and enjoy a 2-hour guided tour and buffet lunch
Guaranteed by Gray Line Worldwide to be the BEST DESIGNED tour to Chichen Itza from Cancun and the Maya Riviera OR YOUR MONEY BACK!
- We have the privilege of having the longest running day tour in Mexico! This tour has been operating since 1921. Take advantage of the two hour guided tour plus free time to re-visit the Temples in Central (classic period) & Northern (Toltec Period) Chichen Itza on your own!
- Don’t worry about waiting in lines - you get to enter Chichen Itza from our own private entrance! You can also leave and re-enter as many times as you like during the tour.
- Use the facilities of the Hotel & Bungalows Mayaland, a multiple Conde Nast winner and National Geographic favorite since 1936, as your base in Chichen Itza. Free use of the swimming pool, free access to the Xtoloc Cenote and to Mayaland’s mile long tropical botanical gardens.
- Choose from 3 Restaurants - Mexican, Yucatecan and International cuisine served buffet style - all you care to eat!
- Relax and allow our professional, experienced, licensed Gray Line guides take care of everything
Feel the thrill of the night while gliding in incredible zip-lines, explore this land on board amphibious vehicles through mysterious caves and dive into the refreshing waters of an underground river. Discover age-old landscapes and a new world of adventure in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Xplor Fuego becomes an unparalleled adventure when the sun sets and the jungle comes alive to envelop you in its cloak of darkness. The most popular night attraction of the Riviera Maya awaits for you to venture into the dark - just let night embrace you and allow your senses to discover the unknown.
We will be begin the excursion by picking you up in a 16 seater Mercedes Benz Van (small groups for luxurious comfort!) between 7:00-8:05am from the lobbies of all major Cancun hotels. As we arrive at the Mayaland Hotel, we will head directly to the archaeological site through our private entrance. At the site, our certified tour guide will take you on a 2-hour tour exploring the secrets of the ancient Mayan Civilization. Your guide will explain the historical significance of all the most important constructions such as the Observatory, the Nunnery, La Iglesia and Akab Dzib.
After this, we will continue to the main plaza, where the famous Temple of Kukulcan is located (El Castillo, or the Pyramid), the remarkable Ball Game Court, the Temple of the Jaguars, the Platform of Eagles and Jaguars, the Platform of Venus, the Tzompantli, the Temple of the Warriors and its adjacent Temple of the 1,000 columns. You will also have time to discover the site on your own. Move at your own pace, admire the monuments, and take lots of pictures!
After your first visit to the ruins, regroup to enjoy a delicious buffet lunch at the Mayaland Hotel. During lunch you will be entertained by traditional Yucatan music and dance performances by the Mayaland regional ballet. Afterwards, you may choose to return to the ruins, take a dip in the pool, relax on a lounge chair or stroll through the hotel’s tropical gardens. Optional activities like bike riding or horseback riding are available at the hotel for a nominal fee.
We will depart at approximately 2:30pm, arriving back at the first Cancun hotel at 6:00pm.
- The Majestic Observatory
- The Sacred Cenote - where sacrifices once took place
- The Ball Court - the largest and deadliest Ball Game in Mesoamerica. The arena is 168 meters in length and 70 meters in width with perfect acoustics
- The Pyramid of Kukulcan - where both theology and astronomy combine to produce a unique spectacle twice a year, the Spring Equinox and the Autumn Solstice. On these days, the shadows projected over the architectural elements of the building resemble a serpent descending into the ground. Located inside the pyramid, is the famous Chac Mool sculpture and the Jaguar Throne.
After nightfall travel through the lush rainforest on the highest zip-lines of Latin America and enjoy an incredible view of the Mexican Caribbean starry sky.
Get ready to feel the adrenaline and awaken your senses as you glide 19 mi/hr on the line. Without a doubt, torches, fire, the sounds of the jungle and a wonderful star-filled sky will make your night of adventure at Xplor Fuego even more exciting.
Rows of torches will light your way as you ride toward adventure through mysterious jungle paths, amazing caves, and bridges. Ride along an exciting circuit; let the stars be your guide and your instincts overcome all obstacles that the night will uncover for you.
Your eyes must adapt to darkness so that you may discover all the sensations and emotions that lie hidden in the dark jungle.
Delve into the night in the underground rivers and discover places that very few have discovered. Paddle with your hands on a raft and let the torches guide your way.
Discover the amazing rock formations lit up in an incandescent red. The entrance to the river becomes a real lava crater. Dare to enter into a bubbling river, which with its red glow will make you feel as if you were in the depths of a volcano. Become a veritable explorer and enjoy a refreshing swim while you admire a breath-taking landscape.