Experience something so completely Australian - something incredibly unique in the world.
Every evening at dusk, the Little Penguins come home from the sea around Phillip Island. Across the beach, from the waves to the sand dunes, the Little Penguins can almost be touched as they waddle to their burrows.
Sunset at Summerland Beach has drawn millions of visitors to Phillip Island. It is the nightly ritual of these little flightless birds which will enthrall you as you observe from the beach and the exclusive, elevated, boardwalk of the Penguins Plus premium viewing area.
Koalas, also totally Australian, peer down from the gum trees where they live. Fat and furry, with wet noses and a gentle smile, these creatures are completely content living on Phillip Island.
- Panoramic views of Western Port and French Island
- San Remo - maritime fishing village and gateway to Phillip Island
- Visit Churchill Island for afternoon tea (own expense)
- Look for birdlife at the island wetlands (seasonal)
- Opportunity to meet wallabies/kangaroos
- Phillip Island Nature Park - a natural home for koalas, seals, shearwaters, and Little Penguins
- Koala Conservation Centre - look for koalas in their natural habitat from tree top boardwalks
- The Nobbies - a rugged rocky outcrop with an excellent boardwalk where you may spot Little Penguins' homes (shoulder/summer months)
- Witness the Penguin Parade on floodlit Summerland Beach
- See penguin rookeries from an elevated boardwalk
- Explore the Visitors Information Centre - an opportunity to learn about the life of the Little Penguin as you walk through the "Penguin Experience"
- A dinner stop will be made before or after the Penguin Parade (dependent on season and at own expense)
Penguins Upgrade Option:
Exclusive Penguins Plus premium viewing area for the best views of the Penguins
- Underground Penguins Plus
Includes all the features of the Penguins Plus tour plus the world's first Underground covered viewing facility (limited to 70 guests)