The motorcoach departs from Union Station at 8am and heads directly to Arlington National Cemetery:
1) Arlington National Cemetery (8:30am -10:30am)
2) Mount Vernon (11:30-3:00pm)
- The schedule is tentative. The tour order may be reversed when necessary.
Arlington National Cemetery's tram has six stops on weekdays and nine on weekends. We advise only getting off at the Kennedy Gravesite stop and Memorial Amphitheatre Stop (Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Changing of the Guard) to allow you to return to the motor coach in time for the 10:30 am departure. List of stops at Arlington:
1) Welcome Center
2) Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima) -- there is a 5-10 minute walk to the memorial from the tram stop.
3) President John F. Kennedy Gravesite
4) U.S. Coast Guard Memorial
5) General Pershing Gravesite
6) Memorial Amphitheatre and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
7) Arlington House (AKA Robert E. Lee House)
On the weekends, the following stops are added:
1) Sections 54 and 55
2) Columbarium and Niche Wall
3) Section 60 and 9/11 Memorial