Prepare yourself for a day filled with Dutch flowering fields and spectacular gardens. Get comfortable in your seat aboard a single-decker coach as ...
Prepare yourself for a day filled with Dutch flowering fields and spectacular gardens. Get comfortable in your seat aboard a single-decker coach as you leave Amsterdam behind. When you arrive at Keukenhof Gardens, you will receive a 45-minute guided tour through the park, leaving you enough free time to explore at your own leisure. As you pass through the Dutch countryside, gaze at the vivid tulips, daffodils, and crocuses lining these blooming fields.
During your tour of Keukenhof, you’ll see rows upon rows of tulips, daffodils, and crocuses, all growing in different colors and sizes. Your guide will explain how each type of flower is cultivated and its history and significance within Dutch culture. You may even get to see some rare specimens that haven’t been seen in over 70 years!
After soaking up the garden vistas, you continue to Zaanse Schans. The famous windmill village. Upon arrival your guide will take you on an orientation tour of the town. You will visit the wooden shoemaker shop where they will give you a live demonstration of how wooden shoes are crafted. Followed by a demonstration and tasting at a real Dutch cheese farm.
Before you set off to discover Zaanse Schans on your own, your guide will give you further information on what makes it a unique village, inform you about local history and culture; provide you with insider tips about what to do and where to go. Then it is time to explore your way around on your own before returning to Amsterdam.
IMPORTANT DEPARTURE INFORMATION:
- Meeting point: De Ruijterkade 105, 1011 AB Amsterdam. Which is only a 6 minute walk from the Amsterdam Central Station. From the front of the Amsterdam Central Station (Stationsplein), turn to your left and walk in the eastern direction. Keep on walking and cross the small bridge. Walk until you reach the Doubletree By Hilton hotel. Turn left and follow the walkway underneath the railway crossing. After this crossing, our departue point is on your right.
Back in Amsterdam your guide will give you your ticket for a regular City Canal Cruise. The voucher can be redeemed at the docks of Blue Boat Company- Gray Line Amsterdam. The ticket for your City Canal Cruise is an so called "OPEN TICKET".This means that no timeslot has been allocated and you can board any next a vailable boat at one of the 2 docks:
- The first dock is located at Stadhouderskade 501 opposite the Hard Rock Cafe. Take tram 1, 2, 5,11 and 12 stop at Leidseplein. from there the dock is a 2 minute walk.
- The second dock is located at Stadhouderskade 550, opposite Heineken Experience. Take tram 2, 5,and 12 stop at Rijksmuseum. from there the dock is a 5 minute walk or take metro No. 52 and stop at Vijzelgracht. From there the dock is only a 2 minute walk.
- Informative, friendly and professional live guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Instant Confirmation
- Explore the most famous tulip park in the Netherlands; Keukenhof
- Admire landscapes with colorful bulb flower carpets in almost any color you can imagine
- Explore the historic wind mills of the Zaanse Schans
- Learn how Dutch cheese is being made
- Watch traditional craftsmen at work, making clogs and other artifacts
- City Canal Cruise in Amsterdam by Blue Boat Company / Gray Line Amsterdam