In times where we have to call social distancing the “new normal”, Blue Boat Company / Gray Line Amsterdam has taken all necessary precautions to ensure safety of our guests where we can, but at the same time we have done our utmost best to make the most of your time aboard our boats during your 75 minute City Canal Cruise!
Your first stop is our ticket office where you, after you have used our disinfectant hand gel and you have answered the required questions about Covid-19 symptoms, pick up your sweet or savory snackbox.
On you go to our dock, where one of our hosts will explain you the rules of getting on and off board. When it’s time to take off, our captain will inform you about the safety measures on board.
And then finally….seeing Amsterdam from the water. Plug in your earphones, select one of the 21 languages and enjoy your 75 minute City Canal Cruise where you’ll experience the best of our historical city. It offers you the most amazing views of the 17th-century buildings lining the city canals, and will also show you the 21st-century city that Amsterdam has become. You’ll come across new architecture and bridges, showing a city that is rooted in history but continues to develop and change, even in these strange times.
Covid 19 measures at Blue Boat Company / Gray Line Amsterdam:
• The main rule is to keep 1,5 meters distance where possible.
• Before departure guests will be asked if they have any health complaints that can indicate that they have Covid-19.
• Waiting lines can be a maximum of 10 pax long with 1,5 meters distance
• In our shops and docks, we have disinfectant hand gel that must by applies before boarding the boat.
• Boats have a maximum capacity of 30 pax.
• In our boats all tables now have table numbers. Guests will receive a table number when getting on board. The tables in the back of the boat will be placed first.
• When departing the boat, guests on the tables in the front of the boat will need to depart first.
• Guests need to remain seated during the canal cruise and are not allowed to walk through the boat.
• Toilets on board are closed until further notice.
• The open back deck is closed until further notice.
• Earplugs and empty F&B packaging needs to be taken off board by the guests themselves.
• Boats will be cleaned after every canal cruise.
Your visit to Heineken Experience:
On a 1.5-hour self-guided tour you’ll learn about the company’s heritage, the beer brewing process, Heineken’s innovations, and about what it takes to serve a world-famous beer.
Find out the 4 natural ingredients that make this beer, and discover the brand’s sponsorship activities with Formula 1, the UEFA Champions League and the Rugby World Cup. And sure enough, at the end of the tour you can raise your glass with new friends.
Pleae note that Heineken Experience may have taken measures with regards to COVID-19/ Please follow instructions there when given.
Your ticket for the Heineken Experience is a ticket with a timeslot you chose while making a reservation. You can ONLY enter the museum at this specific time. Changing your slottime is NOT possible. The address of the Heineken Expeirence is Stadhouderskade 78 Amsterdam
The ticket for your City Canal Cruise is an so called "OPEN TICKET".This means that no timeslot has been allocated and you can board any next available boat at one of the 2 docks:
- The first dock is located at Stadhouderskade 501 opposite the Hard Rock Cafe. Take tram 1, 2, 5,11 and 12 stop at Leidseplein. from there the dock is a 2 minute walk.
- The second dock is located at Stadhouderskade 550, opposite Heineken Experience. Take tram 2, 5,and 12 stop at Rijksmuseum. from there the dock is a 5 minute walk or take metro No. 52 and stop at Vijzelgracht. From there the dock is only a 2 minute walk.
Please note that your voucher needs to be scanned at Heineken Experience. You can redeem your canal cruise inside one of the ticketoffices of Gray Line Amsterdam / Blue Boat Company where a timeslot will be assigned.