WHY YOU SHOULD GO
View Alaska’s magnificent Portage Glacier on this unique one-hour cruise, all for only $39 - the best valued cruise in Alaska
- Take an unforgettable 60-Minute Glacier Cruise on the MV Ptarmigan
- Enjoy a fully-enclosed heated cabin, or check out the topside view deck for a bit of fresh air
- Listen to an on-board representative of the U.S. Forest Service explain the historical relevance of the glacier
- 60 Minute narrated Glacier Cruise
- Transportation to Portage Lake
- Lunch, food or beverages
- Optional gratuities
- All booking must be made at least 3 days in advance
- Stop at the Portage Glacier Cafe and Gallery and check in at the Portage Glacier Cruise office before you head to the boat
- Child price is $19.00 for children 12 and under
Driving Directions to Portage Glacier:
Take the Seward Highway south from Anchorage.
Take a left on Portage Glacier Road (milepost 78.9) approximately 48 miles out of Anchorage.
Travel 5 miles to fork in road, take the right-hand fork, travel ½ mile, turn left for into the Portage Glacier Cafe and Gallery to check in before your cruise.