Why you should go
Visit the "Garden Island" with included return air-ticket from Kauai with a full day of activities
- Waimea Canyon, the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific"
- Spouting Horn, Poipu resort, Nawiliwili Harbor
- Wailua River and the Famed Fern Grotto, Opaekaa Falls
- Round-Trip Air to Kauai
- Full-Day Narrated Tour
- Optional Gratuities
- AVAILABILITY – Reservations should to be made at least 5 days before tour date. If tour date is 4 days or less from time of booking, please contact us directly.
- Government Issued Identification: All passengers traveling on 1 day tours must present government issued, photo I.D.s for airline check-in. No refund given to passengers denied boarding due to lack of proper identification.
- Upon arrival, call to reconfirm pickup time and pickup location. Lava viewing conditions change daily.
- We do not guarantee the viewing of active lava flow.
- Airline schedules may prohibit the operation of these tours at any given time.
In the town of Waimea, you will see the statue of Captain James Cook, a British sailor, who changed the course of history for Hawaii when he sailed into the Waimea Harbor in Janauary 1778. He reportedly was the first westerner to ever set foot on the islands. Waimea Canyon Drive takes you to one of the scenic lookouts where you will view Waimea Canyon, the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific." Waimea Canyon is the largest canyon in the Pacific and truly a dramatic sight to behold. The canyon measures 10 miles long, 1 mile wide, and more than 3,500-feet deep. It was carved thousands of years ago by rivers and floods that flowed from Mount Waialeales summit.
Leaving Waimea, you will see numerous historical and geological landmarks such as the Russian Fort Elizabeth, the Koloa Sugar Mill and Queen Victoria's profile. In the resort town of Poipu, you will see the Spouting Horn, a natural wonder that occurs when water rushes under a lava shelf and bursts through a small opening at the surface. We stop for lunch (on your own) usually at the Poipu Bay Grill and Bar, on the world-class Poipu Bay Resort Golf Course. The tour then takes you on an entertaining and musical cruise down the Wailua River, the only navigable river in Hawaii, to the famed Fern Grotto. At the grotto, you will be serenaded by Hawaiian musicians playing traditional, local songs. The acoustics within this natural amphitheater are fantastic and greatly enhance the singing and guitar accompaniment.
The trip up this historic and sacred river takes about 40 minutes via a long flat bottom riverboat. As we wrap up the tour, we stop along the roadway to view Opaekaa Falls. Then, its time to fly back to Oahu.
firstname.lastname@example.org -- Phone: (800) 622 3011 -- Gray Line Hawaii - Oahu, 2880 Kilihau St. Honolulu, HI 96819 USA