Meet your guide/driver before heading in a comfortable, air-conditioned luxurious minivan to your first destination in about 90 minutes. The journey takes you goes through the typical flat Dutch ‘polder’ landscape. Polder is land that has been reclaimed from the sea, and most of the land you drive through today was a sea until the 1950s.
Giethoorn is definitely one of the most picturesque villages in the Netherlands. The town has been one of the country's most popular tourist villages and is nicknamed the Dutch Venice. Just like Venice, Giethoorn has many canals and the only way to get around town is by boat or walking.
After a short walking tour of the village, you will have leisure time to discover the village on your own. Your driver/guide will reveal the city’s unique character, and give you insider’s tips about great local restaurants, shops, attractions, activities and more.
End of the afternoon being driven back to Amsterdam.
IMPORTANT DEPARTURE DETAILS:
From March 21, 2020 up to and including November 1, 2020: Heineken Experience bus stop, Stadhouderskade 78. (Wait on the side of the main entrance of the Heineken Experience, not on the water side) at 09:00am
A professional, experienced and friendly driver/guide will accompany you throughout the tour.
- Meeting point: Heineken Experience bus stop, Stadhouderskade 78, Wait on the side of the main entrance of the Heineken Experience, not on the water side)
- Departure from Amsterdam around 9 a.m.
- Drive in approximately one hour and a half to Giethoorn.
- At arrival you will have some coffee/tea and a typical Dutch apple pie.
- One hour boat trip through Giethoorn.
- Three and a half hour free time.
- Returning back to Amsterdam with a photo stop at the enclosing dike.